Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Life's Trainee

I still consider myself a student, with no other aspects concerned or vague and deep interpretations included, at least for this semester even if had already received my college diploma last April, ‘cause I am still indeed a student. I think there exists a driving force in me motivating me to study further, to learn more things life has to offer, exploring any possible stuff I haven’t yet encountered. I feel so eager to improve myself in many ways; all of which I always remind myself to pay attention to, to become a holistic individual. Right now and in the next six years of my life, I’ll be investing a lot for the fulfilment of my greatest dream; one thing I could barely imagine would be possible. To pursue a medical career has always been a dream of mine but things would not be that easy to get. Reality most of the time suggests that sometimes we should be satisfied with what we have or to the extent of what we can acquire but I do not in particular stick to it. I firmly believe that in one way or another we can still have what we dream of and be what we aspire to be, just in time we didn’t expect it to happen, even when odds do not permit it and sternly persisting against our plans.

Four years had gone so fast and it took me a while to face the fact that my status as a student now faces its end. It made me then wonder how did it happen and to whom do I owe the inspirations I had in pursuing the last four years of my student life. April 24 marks the last commencement exercise I will be attending but it does not signify that I should stop striving for my improvement as a person. The idea that I will soon be graduating even welcomes me to a new phase of my life, a stage far different from what I used to have in the past 20 years of my life. I could still remember, when I was in second year high school, I was wishing of being a working man, earning for the family with no other concerns, but now, it seems like I’m craving for more years as a student, afraid of losing dependence from the older ones. But this is life, the changes occurring are irresistible. Only by complying with these changes that we will find ourselves caught in another set of opportunities and challenges life offers for further growth and development. I always keep in mind what Stephen Covey said about our capabilities; that it needs kaizen or continuous improvement. For me, my life is like a recipe. The main ingredients of my character have already been identified yet the seasonings that will add up more taste and twist to me as a holistic individual are not yet discovered. Well, I believe that I am not fully equipped to deal with the challenges that I may encounter but the inspirations and perseverance to achieve those residing in my soul serve the source of my strength to pursue things. A never-ending road awaits for us to take.
John Mark Katindig Torres

No comments:

Post a Comment